Tuesday, February 17, 2015
Perfectly Imperfect
I watched Mamma Mia tonight. There are a few songs I've always loved. One is Slipping through my fingers. I loved it when I first saw the movie, but now as I held my little boy in my lap and we snuggled the song opened up and deepened.
"Slipping through my fingers all the time
I try to capture every minute
The feeling in it
Slipping through my fingers all the time"
As hard as my life can be at times,it is okay. There's not enough money for some things we need and some wants we'd like. Sometimes leaving to go to work is hard and I feel like I lead two different lives with two different persons.
Yet I wouldn't change it. You can't have the sweet without the bitter. When that day comes when I leave to stay at home with my little boy, there will be bitter. I'll miss all that working gives me. But to leave my little boy and I feel like I miss out so much. That too is bitter.
As I held him tonight... just a bit longer because I won't always be able to hold him forever. My life is full. There is so much good in my life I have to be thankful for. I have a boy and a husband that are the loves of my life. I have a place to sleep. Food to eat. A job that provides. I have love in my life.
"Sometimes I wish I could freeze the picture
And save it from the funny tricks of time"
Right now life isn't perfect, But it's imperfectly perfect. While I may not want to stay in this stage forever. There are moments I wish I could freeze and come back and visit. But that is not given to us.
Please Lord, help me to enjoy each moment and not be too busy or distracted to notice moments of serenity and peace. Help me to capture these little moments with my boy, in my life, or with my husband. Help me remember what is good in my life. Help me find that which increases my soul.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment